Mommy Makeover Series: Preparing for Your Consultation
Has pregnancy taken its toll on your body? Creating life is a magical experience, but after pregnancy is over, the changes to your body are often unappreciated. Don’t keep unwanted “souvenirs” from your pregnancies. Keep your memories and get rid of stretch marks, loose skin, and sagging breasts. With a mommy makeover, you can get your body back after baby.
If you’re interested in a mommy makeover, your consultation is one of the first steps you’ll need to take. Call us to schedule yours. This guide will help you prepare.
Choosing the Right Surgeon
Before you can schedule your mommy makeover consultation, you’ll need to narrow down your list of potential surgeons. Look for the following characteristics as you choose your plastic surgeon:
- Board Certification– Doctors must demonstrate superior training, skill, and education to receive board certification. Look for a board certified plastic surgeon any time you’re considering plastic surgery.
- Experience Performing Mommy Makeovers– A mommy makeover typically consists of several plastic surgery procedures including tummy tuck, breast augmentation, breast lift, liposuction, etc. Look for a surgeon that has experience performing all the procedures you’re considering. Our surgeons have more than 50 years of combined experience.
- Excellent Patient Reviews– Patient reviews and testimonials can give you valuable insight into your future surgical experience. Take some time to read patient reviews and to look at before/after photos.
Once you’ve chosen a potential surgeon, contact their offices to schedule your consultation. You can schedule one with us by calling 704-659-9000.
Do I Need to Do Anything to Prepare for My Mommy Makeover Consultation?
A little preparation before your consultation can make the experience much more enjoyable and informative. Here are a few things you can do before your consultation to get ready.
- Learn About Potential Procedures– We have great resources on our website and the American Society for Plastic Surgeons has an in-depth mommy makeover guide.
- Make a List of Goals– What do you like and dislike about your post-baby body?
- Write Down Questions– If you have any questions about our mommy makeovers, write them down. Many patients forget their questions during the excitement of the consultation.
Making the Most of Your Consultation
Your consultation will be an exciting opportunity to meet with us and discover the H/K/B difference. We look forward to meeting you!
- Come Ready for an Examination– We’ll perform an in-depth examination during your consultation.
- Bring a List of Your Medications– We’ll need to know what prescriptions you’re taking as well as any supplements or over-the-counter medications.
- Take Notes– Taking notes can help you remember the things we discussed when you head home. Bring a pen a paper with you.
- Clear Your Schedule– Plan on spending a couple of hours with us on the day of your consultation. We promise we won’t make you sit around waiting, but we want you to have plenty of time to ask questions, explore your procedures, and learn without feeling rushed.
You love your kids and with a mommy makeover, you can love your body again too. Who says Mom can’t be sexy?