Choosing a plastic surgeon is an important decision. It is vital that your surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and that he or she belongs to professional organizations. But these are just the minimum requirements.
At H/K/B, we go far beyond to ensure that you receive the very best care in the cosmetic plastic surgery field. Our practice is our life’s work, so nothing means more to us than the safety, comfort, and fulfillment of our patients. At our medical office and surgical facility, you are treated like a member of our family.
10 Reasons to Choose H/K/B For Your Next Cosmetic Procedure
- Our surgeons are board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. This includes a minimum of five years of residency training in all areas of surgery, including at least two years devoted entirely to plastic surgery. You can check them out on the North Carolina Medical Board website as well. Read the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery article about checking surgeon credentials. We are members of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, and the North Carolina Society of Plastic Surgeons, among other prestigious associations that have stringent requirements for membership. Our surgeons meet the requirements outlined in this article, “Have Confidence in Your Aesthetic Plastic Surgeon,” by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Our surgeons have more than 50 years of combined experience and have created a practice known and sought after around the country, with specialties in many areas and contributing to over 1,000 surgeries and more than 3,000 procedures every year! They always stay up to date on the latest clinical advances in the field, and they are all extensively published and have lectured and/or taught around the world at such institutions as the University of North Carolina Plastic Surgery Department.
- Our surgeons have surgical privileges with several local hospitals but perform most procedures at our own advanced surgical facility, which is on par with the best hospitals and fully accredited by the AAAASF – The American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities, the Gold Standard for safety in outpatient surgery facility. This accreditation requires that we conform to strict national standards for equipment, surgeon and staff credentials, and operating room safety. Few surgical facilities maintain the standards necessary for this accreditation.
- We use board-certified anesthesiologists in our surgical facility even though this is not required by accreditation and certification organizations. This means that our physicians devote 100% of their attention to the care of their patients during surgery, since there is a board-certified anesthesiologist instead of having a nurse anesthetist.
- Each of our physicians have been trained “The H/K/B Way” by establishing systems and protocols for best practices to ensure the highest patient satisfaction in care and results. At H/K/B we have pioneered surgical procedures that have advanced the field of plastic surgery. Our surgeons have created surgical tools for specific surgeries, authored numerous articles, textbooks, and spoken nationally & internationally teaching other surgeons their techniques.
- Our practice is one of the few cosmetic plastic surgery practices that participates in clinical trials supported by the FDA. Past studies have included tummy tucks, breast augmentation and scar revisions. Sign up to be contacted by our office for future studies.
- We maintain one of a few fellowship programs nationwide that have been endorsed by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. We take pride in being selected to train future plastic surgeons in the highest level of surgical technique using “The H/K/B Way”. Drs. Hunstad, Kortesis, and Bharti serve as Chairmen to the H/K/B Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship program.
- The practice has the capability to handle non-invasive to surgical procedures, all in the same location offering an added convenience for our patients. In addition, we’re able to use our MedSpa services to enhance your recovery process and ongoing rejuvenation program. Our surgical facility – with several on-site state-of-the-art operating rooms – is perfectly located in a beautifully accented 40,000-square foot stone and glass building surrounded by lush, natural wooded areas.
- We have certified injectors who have had hands on training in facial injectables such as dermal fillers and muscle relaxers. We offer a fully customized facial injectable plan using only FDA approved products.
- At our practice, we strive to provide our patients with advanced technology such as Vectra 3D Imaging to show you how you will look after nose, chin, neck, breast, or body procedures. In addition, we offer TouchMD (a free online service) to manage photos and education related to your surgical needs.
H/K/B Awards & Honors
- Compassionate Doctor Award
- Patient’s Choice Award
- Best of Charlotte Award
- Charlotte Best Doctors
- Castle Connolly America’s Top Doctors
Call Us Today!
Take the first step toward improving the way you look and feel. Contact our office
to schedule a consultation with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons today.